Overview Teaching Experience
Courses I Designed Myself
- Fall 2019 Love-Sex-Desire, The Subversive Power of Art. Emory University.
- Interdisciplinary and intermodal class in which students read critical theory in tandem with radical art. In response they created their own art work, artist statement and public art exhibit.
- Awarded with the Emory Mellon Humanities PhD Interventions Project Public Scholarship Teaching Fellowship & Center for Faculty Development and Excellence Teaching Grant.
- Course evaluation: 8.9/9
- Fall 2017-Spring 2018 Interdisciplinary Studies Seminar “Fifty Shades of Grey Areas”, Emory University
- Freshman seminar designed to introduce college students to cutting-edge graduate research, co-taught with 4 other Emory graduate scholars, Emory.
- Awarded with the Emory ORDER/IDEAS Fellowship.
- Course evaluation: 8.2/9
- Spring 2016 & Fall 2017 Introduction to Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies with Radical WGSS Art. Emory University
- Interdisciplinary and intermodal class in which students read the foundation of WGSS theory in tandem with radical WGSS art. In response they created their own art works and critical theory inspired artist statements.
- Course evaluation: 8.6/9
- Dec 2016 Psychoanalytic Aspects of Tenderness (Master Class). The Global Center for Advanced Studies.
- Guest lecture for the Graduate level master class on Tenderness in Freud, Kristeva and Bersani’s work, for the Graduate seminar “Anthropology of Gender and Cultures – Psychoanalysis: Patriarchy and Subversion; Or, Psychoanalytic Anthropology after Freud: The Death of Sexual Instinct.”
- Instructor. Dr. Julie Resche.
- Spring 2016 Introduction to Studies in Sexuality Teaching Assistant for Prof. Dr. Deboleena Roy
- Fall 2015 Gender Trouble Teaching Assistant for Prof. Dr. Lynn Huffer